Saturday, May 19, 2012

Meet the Wildlife :)

Meet the snail...these are everywhere, but they especially love liquid...they don't really do anything and the only time they become a problem is when you squish/crush one at night :)

Next we have the hedgehog.  This little bundle of energy is about to become dinner :)  They consider it a delicacy...see an earlier post to view what he looks like after he's been cooked :)
Oh, the spiders...sometimes I feel like the insects here where the inspiration for Star Troopers...I think that was the name of the movie with massive insects.  Anyway, this one is in my room...he didn't stay long :)

Here is a praying mantice (I don't know if I spelled that right)   They seem harmless, but they are huge.

This is the live-in gecko that Corinna named Gimpy :)  Because  of his bugged out eye... :)
This is a family of chickens who live next door.  They camp out in the kitchen most of the day begging food...their begging makes up for the lack of dogs :)

Last, but certainly not least, we have the fruit bat.  These lovely creatures are fascinating to watch, but they make the worse screeching sound in the breadfruit tree branches above our house.  The fascination has turned to irritation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment