Thursday, August 16, 2012

Visiting the Mainland

Here's Mt. Kilimanjaro as seen from the airplane window while flying to Kenya.
Welcome to Kenya!  This is one of my teammates going through immigration...notice the sign above his head,  "Kenyan Citizens Only"  Haha!

This is the upper half of the mountain we climbed for one of our Saturday activities
Stopping to smell the flowers on the way up :)
In the spirit of Julie Andrews, "Climb every mountain..."
These are some friends I met on top of the mountain...I discovered that they really like Fanta
Chaco dirt lines following in the hike :)
We went on safari for a day...the monkeys were cracking me up...they really enjoying groom each other...haha!
Off-roading :)
If you look closely you can see the zebras :)
Look Mom it's a giraffe!
The internet cafe was out in the field beside the dorm where we stayed during our training conference
I was on the decoration committee for the big dinner following the conference...I was in charge of building the fire

We went with a survivor theme for the dinner :)  These girls are quite the artists!  I really enjoyed getting to know them!
This was taken at Rift Valley Academy...the entire campus was beautiful, this is just a taste
A view of the Rift Valley in Kenya...so beautiful, the picture doesn't do it justice, but it's all I got :)
Welcome to Tenwek Hospital, their sign says, "We treat Jesus Heals" 
This is one of the original buildings at Tenwek
I had the privilege of touring the Tenwek School of Nursing.  I was very impressed with the organization and the fact that their nurses are triple qualified with general nursing, midwifery, and community health.
This is the sign outside of the Tenwek Hospital ER departement.  Emergency Rooms in Africa and the UK apparently don't give their patients much hope...haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment