Saturday, July 21, 2012

Never a Dull Moment

We have successfully completed 5 weeks of conversational English!  These are some of my students.  They are holding up their "certificates of participation."  It was a great learning experience and it opened the door for lots of new friendships!
I happened to grab my camera fast enough to snap a picture of a lemur doing gymnastics on our power lines!
Corinna and I attended a wedding dance with our friend, Ritta.  We got all dressed up in the island style and danced from side to side for over two hours.  I tried to throw in a few western moves, but one of the grandma's gave me "the look" and came over and taught me how to dance correctly...haha!
Meet Sally and her daughter, Rebecca...yes, I now have a child named after me...:) 
Congratulations to us!  Our banana tree "gave birth" as the locals say once the banana flower appears and then they congratulate us...haha!
Here are me and Corinna's cats.  The orange one is Ginger, he is a boy so I call him Gingerbread Man.  The white one is Zorro, he is quite rambunctious and lives up to his name.  They keep each other warm in their little cardboard box.
These are some of my friends during a village celebration.  My friend Ryan is carrying a pot of goat pieces on her head...:)
Here is a closer look at the goat...in case you were wondering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment