Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Out of Africa and into The Promise Land

Welcome to the city of Jerusalem.  Me and 6 of my teammates, plus one teammate's parents traveled to Israel to spend a week there.  It truly is a beautiful and yet solemn city full of ancient and new stones, history, churches, mosques, people from all over the world, and vendors lining the streets as well as the famed Via Dolorosa
Despite the commercialism, parts of it were breath taking and in a sense helped history to come alive
I loved the road signs...:)  But sometimes I wanted to say, "Now how am I supposed to pick which direction to go with those kind of options?"  Haha!  These three together made me smile the most :)
Of course I ate a few Falafels for my dad :)  My teammate John is giving his thumbs up on the quality and awesomeness of it :)
Me and my teammates loved the self-inflicted spa treatment at the Dead Sea...haha!  What a blast!
While I was in the area, I decided to pick out my burial plot on the Mt. of Olives...Just kidding :)
Passing through the "eye of the needle," put a new thought into His statement that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven...
Some things never change...money changing stations could be found a few feet inside every gate leading into the city.
Standing on the temple mount
Ending with a splash by walking through Hezekiah's Tunnel in the City of David :)
This is David's Tower located at the Jaffa Gate.  It actually still contains some original stones used by Herod the Great.  It was a good trip...I'm still processing everything I saw and I'm enjoying the pull to dig deeper into the Word for clarity about this ancient and yet modern city.  These are just a few pictures...I took SO many pictures that my camera as taken the last couple of days off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment